Monday, 30 July 2007

The Real Reason!

I was listening to a message from Willow Creek on knowing God's will... and I had a thought (imagine that)... it wasn't covered in the message at all, but the message sparked my thinking.

One of the most popular questions that we have are questions like, 'What is it that God wants me to do?', 'What is God's will for me?', 'What do You want me to do Lord?'
We want God to direct us into our jobs, what opportunities to take etc. Essentially, what we are trying to get from God is a road map for our lives. We want to know what the plan is. We want control!

But God never reveals all of that. Instead He just calls us to trust Him, as He leads us one step at a time. He calls us to live by faith and not sight (of our life plans). He promises to guide our steps but not to reveal our life's every step!

So let me encourage you to give up the chase of trying to have it all figured out...
Just lean trustingly into God and He will guide through it all step by step.

I look forward to your comments : )


No comments: