Saturday, 7 July 2007

Capacity - Part 2 - How Do We Know?



Yesterday I left some thought provoking questions! I do hope that you have had some time to wrestle with them.
I must be honest though... I'm not sure that I have the answer down pat.
I believe that we we certainly can expand our capacity (as Matthew 25: 14 - 30) but I also believe that we have a cap on the extent of our capacity.
Perhaps a better take on it is that we can discover that we have more gears than just 1st & 2nd gear!

But how do we get out of first and into second and out of second into third etc?

Heres some of my thoughts (I'd love to hear yours!):
  • Our awareness and desire to grow and increase, to Kaizan is stirred by being around those who have gone further than us. (weather being with them in person or through being with them via resources such as books, CD's, etc)
  • I need to place myself in great enviroments. Leave the scooter club and join the V8 club!
  • We need to stretch ourselves out of our current gear. This is never pretty or pleasant... but 100% necessary. Take on a challenge that is bigger than you've done before. Bite off more than you think is possible. Do more than you dreamed doable.
  • We need to move from one gear to the next and not try and jump from 1st to 6th!
  • The most important change is in the area of our thinking! As Henry Ford said, "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right."



Whats on your list?


No comments: