Saturday, 14 July 2007

Lets Do The Time Warp Again - Part 1


Time.

Its our most precious commodity. Once you have traded your time for something it can't be traded back.
We have all been entrusted as stewards of a very short 70 odd years. The Psalmist puts it so fittingly:
PS 39:4 "Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. PS 39:5 You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath. Selah PS 39:6 Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro: He bustles about, but only in vain; he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it. PS 39:7 "But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.

Time is short and we need to make the most of it!
So how come some of us seem to get so much into a 24 hour period whilst others with the same 24 hour period can seem to do so seemingly little?
How come some men can run companies and be on various boards... and yet others just struggle to cross off 3 items on their to-do list?

I believe that the answer is found in one word... being "_______"!
This is the difference maker. It separates great lives from mediocre ones. It causes one to be productive. Can you guess what that word is?
Well then... lets hear your thoughts : )

1 comment:

Gabby said...

Being...organized.
That was my first thought. However, even if I am organized and get so much done in a day, if I am stressed out and worn out, what good was that days work? Maybe its being...centered. Peaceful to my core so I work with a purpose and am focused.
There are many times during the day when things are piling up around me, everything happening all at once and I feel like I am going to have a breakdown soon.
Then there are the occasions where tasks and chores sail by beautifully and without effort. I feel on the ball, super charged and in control. It would be wrong of me to assume I was the awesome organized power behind such orderly days. Egotistical even. I think I am a very organized person though, I can multi-task like nobodys business... but maybe God is the power behind all the parts falling into place. Maybe God makes it so I can concentrate and get things done.
Is it possible that God is control of my entire day and how I handle it? Or maybe I create problems for myself and my downfall is not asking God for guidance during the day.

Gabby