My mom taped an episode of Oprah for me... Its was about going on a debt diet.
Weather we like to talk about the subject or not (God has no problem with it! There are 500 versus on prayer & 500 on faith & over 2000 on $!) it is of absolute vital importance we tackle this subject head on!
Because we have shyed away from this subject it is the primary cause of most divorces, causes untold amounts of stress, and prevents us from being able to sow generously into God's Kingdom and the lives of people! (did you know that there are over 2000 versus on the poor & injustice in the Bible?)
Anyways, here were the top 5 $ excuses:
- I'm not good with $
- You only live once (so spend it up)
- I'm afraid I'll loose $
- I don't have the time
- I'm too old for this
Isaiah 32:8 says, "A generous man dreams of ways to be generous, and by generosity he shall stand."Let me challenge you... what ways can you dream up of getting more $ so that you can be more generous?
Too often we just accept the box we are living in right now. But you can break out of that box if you want to!
Some simple tips from the show:
- Maximise your income (set an income goal, ask for a raise, develop multiple streams of income)
- Spend less than you earn (pause before spending, use a debit card instead of a credit card, shop around)
- Invest the $ you don't spend (set up automatic savings, you should aim to save around 10%, earn more interest)
- Protect your $ (get insurance, get a will)
- How can you apply Isa 32:8 to your life?
- What $ excuses do you use?
- Whats stopping you from being a generous person?
- Is generosity even connected to $ necessarily?
- Do you need to get out of debt?
- What are the things that you would really like answers on in the area of $?