Saturday, 17 May 2008

Christianise In Communication

For the first time in quite a while I've had a Saturday with the whole family. Tarryn usually works so it was a real treat.
Talking of treats I have a great video that really shows how sometimes we can frustrate people when we don't 'speak their language'. After you've been a Christian for a while we often don't even realize how much Christian jargon that we are actually using in our communication and marketing.

The Apostle Paul was actually quite masterful at speaking in 'the language of the people. Check out these versus:
Act 17:21-23 CEV
(21) More than anything else the people of Athens and the foreigners living there loved to hear and to talk about anything new.
(22) So Paul stood up in front of the council and said: People of Athens, I see that you are very religious.
(23) As I was going through your city and looking at the things you worship, I found an altar with the words, "To an Unknown God." You worship this God, but you don't really know him. So I want to tell you about him.
Act 17:28 CEV
(28) and he gives us the power to live, to move, and to be who we are. "We are his children," just as some of your poets have said.





What did you think of the Dunkin Donuts advert?
Let me know your thoughts : )

No comments: