Tuesday, 22 April 2008

For All The Preachers In The House...

I have such a great privilege of being able to communicate to large groups of people. I absolutely love it and know that I'm bang in the center of God's will for my life when I'm doing it.

I'm always keen to sharpen my communication gifting, so I thought that you too might enjoy this post by Pastor Steven Furtick. Click HERE to read his post entitled: Bring Your Best Every Time

What would be your top 3 tips for communicating / preaching?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1/ Be real. People want their pastors to be human. They want someone they can relate to. It's ok to admit you get it wrong and to share stuggles. Not forgetting how you overcame and grew through them.

2/ Be relevant. Use what issues you know are current for your congregation to speak into the lives of those you are speaking to. It makes church feel more personal and relevant and keeps people coming back and connected.

3/ Remember your greatest communication, preaching and source of credibility comes from what you are seen to be and to be doing off the pulpit in every day life. If people see you living what you preach, they will listen to the words spoken in church more closely and take them more to heart.

Just three that came to mind...