Monday, 27 August 2007

God Speaks To Me In The Movies (Part 3 - Amazing Grace)



Firstly to all my readers an apology for the long absence and lack of regularity... I have been without the internet for over a week thanks to Telecoms retarded service...
I won't say any more... otherwise I might start ranting...

My last post was all about how slavery is rife in our world today... millions and millions of people who have been denied the basic human rights of freedom and dignity. This is an egregious sin not only on the part of those who are involved in the slave trade... but also ... dare I say it... equally by us who do nothing about it!
Those are some tough words, any my fingers are pointing directly at myself!
GULP!

But there is another slavery that concerns me even more... its the slavery of people's souls. The god of this world - Satan - has enslaved over 5 billion people. His one mission is to steal, destroy and kill man kind...
and not just steal, kill and destroy in this short vapor of our lives in this world... but to have mankind join him in his eternal suffering... where there will be total darkness, aloneness, misery, suffering and the absence of God's presence. Unthinkable... unbearable.

But there is a line of offense that our loving Father has provided... His church! He has placed all of His authority in us, His Holy Spirit lives within us, and He has left us with a mission... push back the gates of hell, free people from their slavery, bring life in abundance.

Will you accept your mission?
Joh 10:10 ESV
(10) The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.


Mat 16:18 MSG

(18) And now I'm going to tell you who you are, really are. You are Peter, a rock. This is the rock on which I will put together my church, a church so expansive with energy that not even the gates of hell will be able to keep it out.

I look forward to your comments : )

PS: If you are committing to take your mission seriously... check out this link!

No comments: