Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Serving Free Rice

If you have been following my blog for a while you will know that I have been promoting Freerice.com... a great sight where for every word definition that you get right the sight donates 20 grains of rice to the UN World Food Program. At the same time you benefit by increasing your word power. If you haven't visited the sight yet then click HERE.

Help end world hunger

I took up a 30 day challenge to each day go on freerice and get 500 grains of rice per day. It has been fun and all the better... I've been able to see donate 15 000 grains of rice or 150 bowels of rice. Just 5 or so minutes a day has meant that I have provided 150 meals. It was simple, free and fun. (These are the figures to date from freerice: 77,122,560 grains of rice donated yesterday. Over 35 billion grains donated to date)
I challenge you to take up a 30 day challenge!
We might not be able to change the whole world... but we can certainly make a difference in a few people's lives!

On the subject of serving others... click HERE to see a really funny and thought provoking video by Igniter Media.

Until next time...
I look forward to your comments : )

No comments: