The authors speak of blogs as been a really great tool to communicate (2 way) and gave some idea's of how a ministry department within a church could use a blog. These examples are based on the children's department.
- Welcome new volunteers with a picture and a short introduction.
- Cast the vision for an upcoming event and ask for help.
- Spotlight one of your best volunteers.
- Celebrate birthdays and milestones, such as a volunteering anniversary.
- Share prayer requests for volunteers, the ministry, and the church as a whole.
- Announce this weeks lesson and allow volunteers to download an outline.
- Post ministry stories that show the true impact of what they do.
- Answer common questions.
- Publish photo from the weekend or a recent event.
- Familiarize them with the staff in whatever fun way you like.
How have you used your blog to communicate with your world?
Does your church use technology to communicate and reach out?
I'd love to hear your thoughts : )