Joh 13:21-27 ESV
(21) After saying these things, Jesus was troubled in his spirit, and testified, "Truly, truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me."
(22) The disciples looked at one another, uncertain of whom he spoke.
(23) One of his disciples, whom Jesus loved, was reclining at table close to Jesus,
(24) so Simon Peter motioned to him to ask Jesus of whom he was speaking.
(25) So that disciple, leaning back against Jesus, said to him, "Lord, who is it?"
(26) Jesus answered, "It is he to whom I will give this morsel of bread when I have dipped it." So when he had dipped the morsel, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.
(27) Then after he had taken the morsel, Satan entered into him. Jesus said to him, "What you are going to do, do quickly."
I have been pondering this passage a little today...
Just to give some back ground... as you look over the Gospel accounts you will see that 3X Jesus 'reaches out' to Judas, giving him 3 opportunities to turn from his coming betrayal. 3X Judas hardens his heart toward Jesus. Finally... his decision is made ... Judas will betray his Rabbi... the one with authority over him.
At this point, because of his offenses, because he has hardened his heart, because he has rejected Rabbi Jesus' authority... Satan enters into him!
Did you get that... because Judas went against his authority... because he allowed offenses to be built up... Satan entered into Judas!
We really don't understand the significance of authority!
What are your thoughts?
Helping People Make Church Home - I read a fantatsic post from Ps James Macphersons blog that I just know will help you in building your youth ministry: I HAVE FOUND THAT people leaving ch...
8 years ago