Thursday, 4 December 2008

Process vs The Prize

I've been thinking about this topic for some time now... just pondering and letting revelation settle in.

In our culture today we are very prize orientated. We want achievement of the goal. We want it now and we want it to be painless.


The problem with all this is of course that God isn't interested in our preferred timing or comfort.


When Joseph received his vision at age 17 of his family bowing before him... I'm sure he was expecting the fulfillment to be just around the corner. I'm sure he had grand day-dreams of how it would all unfold.
I'm certain that he never once dreamed of the trauma that would unfold in the following 13 years. The truth be told, if he knew what was coming, Joseph would have run.

If Joseph were alive today and he had his dream and we saw him now being sold into slavery, or serving in Potiphers house, or in jail... we would have shaken our heads. Perhaps we would have echoed the words of Job's wife... "Just curse God and die."

We would have seen an absence of blessing.
We would have seen a curse. We would have rallied intercessors and shouted at the demons.
But the truth is that Joseph was right in the middle of God's plan and purposes for his life. He was blessed!

Only by going through the process of those 13 years could Joseph become the person he needed to be in order to have the dream become a reality.

What process are going on in your life right now?
Instead of kicking back and resisting and shouting at the devil... why not ask God to shape you into who you need to become.
Ask God to show you where you need to grow, and what you need to learn.

Ask God for His grace to see it through.

We love the prize...
God loves the process!

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Clive for sharing that. I so much relate to it.
Having had to resign from full time ministry because of serious medical conditions, I still struggle after several years, wondering "is it all over?".... often I feel as tho it is....asking why am I still here Lord? (Have been on the edge of death a few times).
To learn to enjoy the process and journey is really a challenge, but I do know that in the midst of everything He is still there! And I pray for the unfolding of His purposes.

Clive Smit said...

Thanks for your comment. Of course living this all out is much harder than it is talking about it...
But take it one day at a time, don't listen to the negative talk in your head... and God's grace will get you through!
Godspeed and Kaizan
Clive

Anonymous said...

I too have been there where I gave up a ministry not feeling it was entirely my choice. I couldn't understand why God was allowing that situation to happen. As a result, I moved into another area of work. That change has proven to be one of the biggest blessings I have been given by God and I am incredibly grateful that God has put me where He has. He truly knows best even if we think we do! My experience is a testimony of the blessing, love and wisdom of God even though it might take us a little while to see it!