Monday, 14 July 2008

Great Quotes


I'm reading a great book that Ps Simon Moetara gave me for my ordination last year. Its called, "The Art & Craft of Biblical Preaching'. So I thought I'd put a few of the cool one liners that I have read thus far:

"When the Bible speaks, God speaks."
Augustine


"Men don't rebel against the idea of God; men rebel against the will of God."
Unknown


"The great design and intention of the office of a Christian preacher is to restore the throne and dominion of God in the souls of men."
John Piper


"When I coach our teachers around here at Willow, I always ask them 2 questions. 'What do you want them to know? What do you want them to do?' If theycant answer those two questions immediately I say, 'You're ill-prepared. Don't inflict that message on our people."
Bill Hybels


Hope you enjoy!
I look forward to your comments : )

3 comments:

Matthew Martyn said...

sounds like a rad book bro.
Your a good man!

Anonymous said...

Sweet bro
Gotta love a good quote eh
I am loving getting into the blogging word, I have a list of 15 blogs that I check up on daily, plus there are soooo many good podcasts out there, I listen to them while I am at the gym, and on the way to and from places, I still have 43 I havent listened to yet! Heck, not enough hours in the day. I just got these two new books too, Peppermint Filled piniatas by Erick Bryant, a guy from Mosaic LA, which I will give you a look at sometime, its really good, about building relationships with people that Christians love to hate, and Soul Cravings by Erwin McManus

Anonymous said...

lol from bob :)