Monday, 16 March 2009

We Need To Become Like Children...

Why does Jesus say that unless we become like children we cannot enter the Kingdom of God?

Matthew 18:2-4 (New International Version)

2He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.





What are your thoughts?
Leave a comment and we can get a conversation going. I'd love to grow from your insights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well following the previous post on "breaking out the box", I thinks being nuts is an NB attribute of Christianity.

Watching the video I was reminded about the power of stories to communicate significant truths about God. Children love stories because they have the power to capture their imagination and take them anywhere. When Jesus told His parables, he transported people, took them places, made them believe and hope in something their logical minds couldn't concieve to be possible.

Unknown said...

Well said Kev! I love the last sentence - "hope in something their logical minds couldn't concieve to be possible".

I think that Jesus said we need to be like children because children have a sense in believing what they're parent's say with so much enthusiasm and trust. They don't have a need to question their parents because they have no reason not to. I think so many times we can let our logic (everything making perfect sense and adding together piece by piece) get in the way of us being able to trust God. I don't think that putting aside logic means putting aside wisdom, but I think we need to get to a place where we trust what God says and His leading of our lives without questioning everything and demanding "why?" all the time.

Btw - I unsubscribed over email to your blog cos I read it over RSS instead - much easier to have it all in one place rather than emails :)